Friday, March 11, 2011

In a bashful blue mood - embossed Easter card

I wanted to make an Easter card for the Sudsol Design Challenge, but haven't had much time this week to think about designing one, so I went through some swaps I had for inspiration.  I had read that the favorite color of 40% of the worldwide population was blue....and had blue on the brain!   

I fell in love with the design on a card in my bag that was all cream-colored, and this card is cased from it. But I am not sure who was the creator of the cream card....Maybe I had blue on my mind because that is one of major colors I am using in my craft room!

I used bashful blue textured and non-textured cardstock and bashful blue satin ribbon from Stampin' Up  The card I cased didn't have any ribbon on it, and the greeting was different.  This is one of the stamps in the Easter Blossom's set.  The card came together really fast!

The Stampin' Up embossing folder is Elegant Lines, which I have grown fond of and been using lately.  The greeting layer and layer under the ribbon was popped up with dimensionals.  The bashful blue satin ribbon adds an elegant touch (like the Elegant Lines embossing folder!), but my camera doesn't like to takes pictures of it because it is shiny...


Can't you imagine this card in other soft colors like Blushing Bride, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, or Baja Breeze?  This would be a great card for a Stamp A Stack or if you had a budget to spend on Stampin' Up products.  I would be glad to help you get the items needed to make this card in one of these colors - just email me OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment