Thursday, February 24, 2011

Revamped Greeting Card Kids card into birthday gift set


I wanted to use this adorable Greeting Card Kids card to send to a young lady who was turning 17 on the 17th....so needed to revamp it from Valentine's Day to Birthday, while incorporating it into her gift set.  Also had a blingy heart necklace to decorate, so of course, it all had to match in colors a teen girl would like...I knew her favorite color was purple -



The revamping idea I got from the black lace trim that I used, from Stampin' Up's 2010 holiday mini-catalog.  I used one of the little round boxes that their buttons and brads come in too.  Here are some pictures of the revamped card, box, necklace, and a flower pin. 





The flower pin was made out of the brown paper that Stampin' Up puts in their boxes of orders!  Our furbaby, however, likes to play with that paper too, so I had to hide some away from her! 

I put 2 of the little pompoms on the ends of the lace here - I posted pictures earlier this week on how to cut up the pompom trim to get these cute little fluffy pompoms.

 Do you think the birthday girl will like this set?

1 comment: