Thursday, September 16, 2010

Variations on shabby chic/vintage cards; a dog and her paper

 
Here are two more variations on my shabby chic/vintage cards using bashful blue and cherry cobbler.  Both have the same embossing folder, but on the blue cards, I used the debossed side.  I found that I needed to put a mini-glue dot behind the top leaf to adhere it to the grosgrain ribbon, so it wouldn't slide out.

I went a little heavier on the distressing on the bashful blue cards, since it shows up better than it would on the cherry cobbler...and also tried putting more blue on the edge of one of these cards (the bottom card).  I used the blueberry crisp designer paper for the little leaves - can you see the little pearl in the middle of the snowflake?  I only had one roll of the victorian crochet lace trim and used it up on the blue cards, so was glad that my order for more came in just in time to make up the cherry cobbler cards, as well as use the new stamp set Bells & Boughs.

I used the Lovelines designer paper for the little leaves in the cherry cobbler cards - thought it might be too busy with polka dots and stripes, but it looked better when I actually put the cards together.  The poinsettia is from the Season of Joy stamp set and I put a pearl in the middle of it.
Can you see what else I did a little differently in the cherry cobbler cards? -- I rounded the card corners on the right side.  So now I have 3 variations of this card design...in pink, blue, and red:
I can't decide which set I like the best....Does that happen to you?  You fall in love with your own cards?!  Which color/set do you like the best?
When I got my order, there was a big bunch of brown paper in the top; so I took it all out and tossed it on the floor so I could do something with it later....That night we heard a lot of rustling noise in my craft room where the paper was - and guess who comes down the hallway dragging all the paper behind her?  Lookie here....
That's right, our furbaby, Inu!  She loves paper, and managed to rip a piece off...
Now is that a playful, come and get it away from me challenge, or not?!  Of course we had to chase her - Inu runs into the kitchen and peeks out the other door...
That was fun for a couple chases around the house, and good exercise for everyone!
Inu thought that the little bits she ate tasted pretty good too....She loves checking out my craft room to see if there is anything new in there she can confiscate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment