Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Distressing kit: card, mini-book and initial decoration

Oh gee I didn't realize that it has been a week and I've not posted anything on my blog...poor neglected blog because of a 150+ research paper I've been writing - work before play.  And my scan card adapter I use to take my pictures off my cell phone stopped working and I had to get a new one....But I got to do some playing on Monday, and here are 3 beautiful distressed items I did in a class with some other Stampin Up folks.  These are the initial made out of chipboard (I am fascinated by chipboard and what you can do with it, even diecut with it!) and an adorable altered mini-book:

The owl is a new punch that Stampin Up has too - don't you just love his little vest that matches the book coverr?  See the little dot on the heart on the vest?  That is a mini-pearl....And the pleated lace is a new Stampin Up item as well the paper and ribbon. We used the new distressing kit that Stampin Up has on these and it comes in a handy see-through packet - I will have fun getting messy while distressing, and relieving stress - lol, sorry about that pun!  Here is the distressed card we made using one of Stampin Up's embossing folders; this folder not only looks cool, it feels really neat when you touch it!  This is a great masculine card...giving it to my husband since he used to have a motorcycle and thought about getting another....but of course, there would not be much room for me and our little dog - or is that the general idea?!  ha ha

There even are 4 distressing colors in this packet - I used two of them on this and on the initial.  I would be glad to order any of these items for you if you don't have a Stampin Up demonstrator that you can get to.  With the cost of gas and prices going up, I find that checking for things online, making phone calls, and having orders sent to me save me both money and time if you plan it right....Before you know it, Christmas will be here, so start making your list for gift-giving now!  That is one thing that being a demonstrator has done for me, made me plan farther in advance for holidays!

We've been working with our furbaby in the hopes that she (or us?) might be able to do a few fun games at her first dog agility competition next month too.  She is coming along very nicely, following her daddy's lead and listening to him better and it is great to see such improvement in her going through mini courses in class.  Her weaving through 12 poles has gotten so much better having a set at home for her to practice on (in our living room!).  We saw that her weakest skill now is going across the teeter while it moves downward so she doesn't hesitate, so took a trip to Lowes....I got to pick out the color for Inu's new teeter, and since I like purple, I chose lilac....I just went out on the screened in porch to take a picture of it, so it's a little dark as it is rainy too:

The ends of the teeter are yellow, because that is where the dog has to touch with all 4 paws for it to be counted, and the paint has little sandy grits in it so the dog doesn't slip.  I got Inu up to pose next to her teeter, but she thought she was suppose to go over it and I had to tell her to Sit Stay:
Already she is getting better at going across the teeter with less hesitation....when she can do that with no hesitation and run across it, we will increase the teeter's height.  So we go back inside and Inu stands by the door wondering why the heck I got her up and didn't do any practicing on the teeter lol.
I had to at least give her a treat for doing all that!  She got a healthy one - a baby carrot...Please contact me at mklecuyer@hotmail.com if you want to order some of these new Stampin Up products OK?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary
    Thanks for visiting my blog... I love the letter and the owl... I can't wait to have that punch, it so adorable.....

    Thanks for sharing your lovable projects....

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete