Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Recycled chocolate cherry containers-fun to eat!



Even though I have limited stamping/crafting supplies while on our RV trip across country, I am finding little projects I can keep busy with....we bought some dark chocolate covered cherries that were sooo good, we ended up buying 3 containers of them - they were on sale, and plus dark chocolate & cherries are suppose to be good for you, right?!  I hated to throw away the see-through plastic containers....and after I bought some sugar-free fudge to give to my father and sister-in-law (they are diabetic) I got the idea to cut up the fudge and decorate the containers to put them in with the crafting supplies I had at hand.  I had picked up some pretty gingham plaid ribbon on sale, so used one of them for the color combos and the designer paper scraps I had with me.  This is the front of them - one has a "masculine" bow and the other a "feminine" bow.  I used reversible Designer Paper so they look pretty from the top, bottom, and inside!



The flowers on top were punched out using the Stampin Up large flower punch.


Inside there were 3 types of fudge:  coconut, chocolate, and chocolate & vanilla layered.

Since I didn't have my circle punches with me, I traced circles from the containers, etc....you know, what we had to do before all those time-saving punches were available lol.


Course I had to taste the fudge to make sure it was tasty enough to give....they passed the taste test!!  And that I was recycling....even better, don't you think?  Hope you had a great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment