Sunday, May 23, 2010

Graduation cards & turtle cards with bling

Well, it’s that time of the year – graduations from college, h.s., etc. Since one of my sons was graduating from college, we travelled to it cross-country in our RV along with our furbaby. Today was both the graduation and our furbaby’s 2 year old birthday. I brought along some items to make up graduation cards (also a niece is graduating) and even make a couple cards for a swap. Here are the two graduation cards – can you tell which is for my son (his school colors are hunter green and gold; his program's color is orange...I got lucky and had put in an orangish colored piece, not knowing this in advance!) and my niece? Something about turning 21 yrs old and those keg parties lol. Boy was the town busy with students, parents, family, the campground was full too…and the weather couldn’t have been nicer for it. It was worth the 6 hour ceremony to see my son walk across the stage to get his engineering degree.



And here is the card I made for the card swap, which had an animal theme. I started with a simple design (my upline created these cards that I started with - she does the greatest combos of color that I would never come up with in a million years) with a turtle (they are considered an "animal," right?) and added bling embellishments to it – it was fun punching out the leaf and flowers and then adding a glitter/twinkle on top of them before attaching to the card. I also outlined the card shapes with one of the Sakura glitter gel pens. I think you can see some of the bling sparkle in these pictures….




All the punched out embellishments have twinkle glitter on them now & waiting for them to dry...


Don't think you will ever see a real turtle in these colors though - light green and razzleberry lol.



So did you have anyone in your family or friends who had a graduation? And feel like I do, that the 4 years of college go as fast as them growing up? It is so great that with the internet, they can even broadcast the event live for those who can’t actually attend. It has a bit of a challenge to stay in different campgrounds with a good reliable internet/wi-fi connection though…Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment